Mobile phone users seek more ways to have fun daily using their phones. It is for this reason that Snapchat, a video messaging application was created by Evan Spiegel, Bobby Murphy, and Reggie Brown while they were still students at Stanford University.
It is amazing how much popularity Snapchat has been able to again for itself, especially in recent times with the increasing number of Android and iPhone users. Using Snapchat application, users can take photos, record short videos, add filters and effects, text and drawings to these photos or videos and send them to recipients as determined by the user. Snapchat is all about fun, download the app and complete the Snapchat registration process, and you too can be part of the fun.
Features of Snapchat App
Videos and Pictures sent using Snapchat are referred to as ‘Snaps’. Users set a time limit (ranging from 1 to 10 seconds) and determine how long recipients can view their Snaps. At the expiration of the time limit set, Snapchat claims that Snaps are deleted from the company’s servers.
Another great feature of this Snapchat app is the ‘Stories’. This feature allows users to compile various snaps into a ‘story’ that can be viewed by other users in chronological order. Each snap in the story can be viewed for 24 hours after posting and then are deleted from the server at the expiration of time.
‘Live Stories’ is another feature that must be mentioned. This feature curates ‘live stories’ from various users based on a specific event, theme, happening or subject. Users are allowed to view snaps from various people on the same theme using Live Stories.
Records have it that Snapchat users worldwide send up to 6 billion photos and videos per day. In 2016, Snapchat hits 7 billion daily videos views. What are you waiting for? You don’t want to be left out of the fun, do you? Come on, let’s get Snapchatting. This article is targeted towards aiding readers on Snapchat registration.
To use Snapchat, it is important that you first and foremost download the app and then proceed with the Snapchat registration process.
How To Download Snapchat App
Now that you have successfully downloaded the app, I’ll take you through the snapchat registration process.
Snapchat Registration Process
- Launch the just-downloaded Snapchat app and hit Sign Up. Enter your personal details, such information as your email address and your birthday would be required of you and then Create a password.
You need to be over the age of thirteen to create a Snapchat account.
- Next you’ll be asked to Create a username. This is the name that your friends can use to find you on Snapchat and the name that will be listed on their contacts list. Make sure you choose a unique name as your snapchat username as it cannot be changed later.
- The next step in the Snapchat registration, you’ll have to verify your phone number. You’ll be prompted to enter your phone number so that your account can be verified.
- Prove that you are not a robot by selecting the correct Captcha images.
- Snapchat will automatically synchronize your phone contact list and check for other people using Snapchat in your phonebook. To add them as friends, add those which you wish to as friends and once they accept your friend request, you will be able to exchange pictures and videos.
- If you want to add a friend who is not in your phone contacts, you will have to search for them using their usernames. Tap the search icon in the top right of the ‘Add Friends’ screen enter the Snapchat username of the person you desire to add.
Happy Snapchatting! Are you having any difficulties in the Snapchat registration process, downloading or using Snapchat? We would love to be of help to you, kindly drop a comment in the box, and we’ll respond as soon as possible.
- How To Sign Up For Tagged and Download Mobile App
- How To Download Imo Instant Messaging App
- How To Register And Download WeChat Messsenger