As the year gradually wraps up, I’ll like to share this very beneficial information with my loyal readers. Whenever the question ‘what is the best app on your phone?’ comes up, I don’t wait a second to think about it, I always have the answer ready in my head and its no other app than ‘Quickteller App’.
So many times in the past, I have seen myself market this app (for free) to friends and loved ones, not because I’m getting paid in any way to do this but because of how useful it has been to me times without number.
I want you to share in my testimony and that’s why I have carefully taken some time out to write this post and inform you on everything you might need to know about Quickteller – an online payment system that enables you to pay bills, transfer funds, buy recharge cards and carry out a whole lot of other transactions without having to go through the hassles of visiting the bank or an ATM machine or a recharge card vendor.
With Quickteller, convenience just got better. I can’t count the number of times when this lovely app saved me and my friends a whole lot of embarrassment. I’ll just share a brief story… “Raphael, please are you bucksed up? I need you to transfer me 15K, the ATM just debited me without dispensing cash, I’m in the market, I need to pay for the goods I bought and I don’t have enough cash on me”, that was a distress call I got from a close friend of mine on a hot Saturday afternoon when the banking halls were definitely not open for transactions and I was in a place where I couldn’t even get to an ATM machine in 30 minutes.
I wonder how much embarrassment and disappointment my friend would have faced that day had it not been for Quickteller App. “Send me your account number”, that was my humble response to him, as I effortlessly transferred the money to him from the convenience of my phone within split seconds… Guess what? He came back to me to learn how to use Quickteller App.
QuickTeller offers you an array of services conveniently. With Quickteller, CONVENIENCE is the keyword. Services which include purchasing of recharge cards, flight tickets, fund transfer, bill payments like DSTV bills, GOTV bills, PHCN Bills, donations and state government payments are offered to you amongst others on Quickteller. The only things I haven’t been able to do via Quickteller is deposit cash or withdraw cash.
QuickTeller services are not only available at www.quickteller.com, but also at bank ATMs, smartphones, and even the common Nokia Torch.
HOW TO SET UP YOUR QUICKTELLER ACCOUNT
- You should have an Interswitch powered debit card or Verve card; this would also work if you have a Master Card but won’t work with a Visa card.
- Visit quickteller.com/account/register and fill the registration form. Information such as Email, Firstname, Lastname, Phone Number and Password would be required. Carefully fill in this information and hit the Sign up button.
- You’ll receive a text message containing your activation code and an activation link. Click the link to activate your Quickteller account.
- Welcome to Quickteller – A world of convenience.
It is important to note that transactions might not go through yet because you have not activated your card to work with Quickteller. Now an ATM machine would become useful, you need to activate your card on an ATM machine.
HOW TO ACTIVATE A VERVE OR MASTER CARD TO WORK ON QUICKTELLER
- Visit an ATM
- Insert your card; Verve or Master Card
- Input your 4-digit PIN and proceed
- Select ‘Quickteller’ option from the ATM menu screen
- Select ‘Pay bills’ from the Quickteller menu
- Choose your account type; Savings or Current Account
- Select ‘Others’ from the Pay Bills Menu
- Enter ‘322222’ as the payment code
- Enter your Phone Number as the ‘Customer Reference Number’ and then ‘Proceed’
- Do well to Accept the 00 amount displayed; DO NOT try to edit the amount.
- Select ‘Pay amount due’ from the ATM menu displayed
- Enter your phone number as ‘Customer Reference Number’
- Follow the prompts and complete the transaction.
- If followed correctly, you’ll get a confirmation message on the ATM screen indicating that your Registration was Successful
NOTE*: A surcharge of N100 may be applicable to each successful registration.
HOW TO PAY FOR SERVICES ON THE WEB USING QUICKTELLER
- Visit quickteller.com and log in with your already registered email and password
- Once you have successfully logged in, select any of the services as offered by Quickteller
- Provide customer details and details about the transaction
- You’ll be automatically redirected to a web pay gateway where you’ll complete the transaction
- On the Payment gateway, select your card type – Verve or Master card
- Provide details of your card number – the digits in front of your card
- Provide details of your CVV – the last three digits at the back of your card
- Provide your card expiry date
- Use the punch pad to punch in your 4-digit pin and then proceed.
- An OTP – One Time Password would be generated and sent to your mobile number. Enter this digit in the space provided to complete your transaction.
NOTE*: The OTP would only be valid for a few minutes within which you are expected to input it in the space provided. No transaction would be completed on the web without the OTP.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD THE QUICKTELLER MOBILE APP ON YOUR DEVICE
- For BlackBerry Users:
Requirements: Compatible with BB OS 5.0 or any higher O.S. BIS, WiFi, Edge, or 3G connection required.
- For Android Users:
Requires Android 2.1 and higher. WiFi, Edge, or 3G network connection required.
- For Windows Phone Users:
Compatible with Windows Phone 8 or higher. WiFi, Edge, or 3G connection required.
- For iPhone Users:
Requires IOS 5.0 and higher. WiFi, Edge, or 3G network connection required.
- For Nokia Users:
WiFi, Edge, or 3G connection required.
- For Java Users:
Requires WiFi, Edge, or 3G network connection required
Are you having any difficulties signing up, activating your card or using Quickteller services? We’ll be glad to be of help to you. Kindly drop a comment in the box below.