Following the launch of Microsoft’s latest Operating System Windows 10 across the world, a whole lot of people desperately want to upgrade to this new Operating System. Here’s how to download windows 10.
The Prerequisites to run Windows 10:
- A PC or Tablet with a 1GHz processor or faster
- 1GB of RAM and 16GB hard disk space for 32-bit machines or 2GB and 16GB for 64-bit machines
- DirectX 9 or later graphics card with a WDDM 1.0 driver and an 800 x 600 display or better.
How to download windows 10:
- Having ensured that all prerequisites have been met, user’s device must be running either a registered version of Windows 7 or Windows 8.1. Windows 8 users will be required to upgrade to Windows 8.1 before they can move on to Windows 10.
Ensure that automatic updates are turned on under Control Panel > System > Automatic Updates.
- You can reserve your free upgrade by clicking on the Windows 10 app icon that will appear in the bottom right-hand side of your taskbar. You will be notified by Microsoft once the operating system has been automatically downloaded onto your computer.
For the impatient people who would like to skip the queue and set about downloading it, here’s how to download windows 10 directly:
- Ensure you’ve got sufficient data storage available on your device, USB stick, DVD or external drive – at least 4GB of space.
- Ensure that all prerequisites have been met
- Use the media creation tool to download Windows – selecting the 32-bit or 64-bit download tool from here.
If you haven’t received a notification to upgrade yet, it could be down to Microsoft working on a specific compatibility fix for your particular device, or down to the high volume of devices upgrading at any one time or due to the fact that your windows has not been registered.
In-case you missed it: