The Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016 has begun. The Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) job application is open to fresh graduates as well as experienced job seekers.
The Department of Petroleum (DPR) is a department under the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources (FMPR), burdened with the responisibility of exploration and importation of Petroleum products. It also oversees the safety and other regulations that relate to the exportation and importation of the products in to the country. As part of its activities, the department manages the up and downstream in Nigeria petroleum industry.
In line with its regulatory mandate of ensuring sustainable development of Nigeria’s oil and gas resources, the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016 hereby invites applications from suitably qualified University/Polytechnic Graduates as well as experienced and skilled professionals to fill the under listed vacancies in the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016:
Successful applicants in the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016 shall have the opportunity to develop specialist skills and professional competencies in oil/gas regulations and supervision during their career.
Candidates For this category in the DPR Recruitment 2016 should:
- Possess B.Sc/BA/B.Pharm./HND in relevant Engineering and Management/Social Sciences with a minimum of Second Class Lower or Upper Credit.
- Possess N.Y.S.C discharged/exemption certificate.
- Not more than 30 years old by 31st December, 2016.
- Be computer literate.
The following Positions are available in the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016 under the ‘Graduate Trainee’ Section:
|T:ENG-1||Petroleum Engineer||B.Sc. Petroleum Engineering||Graduate Trainee|
|T:ENG/2||Chemical engineer||B.Sc. Chemical Engineering||Graduate Trainee|
|T:ENG/3||Elect/Elect. Engineer||B.Sc Electrical/Electronics Engineering||Graduate Trainee|
|T:ENG/5||Civil Engineer||B.Sc Civil engineering||Graduate Trainee|
|T:SC/1||Geologist||B.Sc Geology||Graduate Trainee|
|T:SC/2||Enviromentalist||B.Sc in any of the following: Enviromental Science, Microbiology, Biochemistry, Botany, Zoology, Bio||Graduate Trainee|
|T:HTO/6||Higher Technical Officer||HND in any Engineering field||Graduate Trainee|
|T:LEGAL||Legal Officer II||BL. LLB||Graduate Trainee|
|T:ECO/II||Economist II||B.Sc Economics||Graduate Trainee|
|T:SC/4||Chemist||B.Sc. Chemistry, B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry||Graduate Trainee|
|T:SC/5||Systems Analyst||B.Sc Computer Engineering/Information Technology||Graduate Trainee|
|T:SC/7||Physicist/Geophysicist||B.Sc Geophysics, B.Sc Physics||Graduate Trainee|
|T:SC/8||Statistician||B.Sc. Statistic/Mathematics||Graduate Trainee|
|T:HR/1||Human Resources Officer||BA/B.Sc. Humanities, Social Sciences etc.||Graduate Trainee|
|T:MD/1||Pharmacist II||B.Pharm||Graduate Trainee|
|T:ACCT-1||ACCOUNTANT II||B.Sc/HND ACCOUNTING||Graduate Trainee|
|T:PA||PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICER II||B.Sc/HND MASS COMM/PUBLIC ADMIN||Graduate Trainee|
|T:ENG-4||Mechanical Engineer||B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering||Graduate Trainee|
Successful candidates in the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016 shall have their career in the regulatory and monitoring of the dynamic Nigerian Oil and Gas industry with very bright prospects of attaining the peak of their profession.
Candidates For this category in the DPR Recruitment 2016 should:
- Possess a minimum of 5 years’ experience from the Oil and Gas industry or any other relevant experience.
- Not more than 40 years old by 31st December, 2016.
- Possess NYSC discharged/exemption certificate.
- Be computer literate.
The following Positions are available in the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016 under the ‘Experienced Hire’ Section:
|EXP:ENG-1||Petroleum Engineer||B.Sc, B.ENG, HND Petroleum Engineering, PGD or MSC Petroleum Engineering||Experience Hire|
|EXP:ENG-2||Chemical Engineer||B.Sc, B.ENG,HND Chemical Engineering, PGD or M.Sc Chemical Engineering||Experience Hire|
|EXP:ENG-3||Elect/Elect Engineer||B.Sc or B.ENG or HND Elect or Electrical Engineering, PGD or M.Sc Elect Elect Engineering||Experience Hire|
|EXP:ENG-4||Mechanical Engineer||B.Sc or B.ENGor HND Mechanical Engineering PGD or M.Sc Mechanical Engineering||Experience Hire|
|EXP:ENG-5||Civil Engineer||B.Sc or B.ENG or HND Civil Engineering , PGD or M.Sc Civil Engineering||Experience Hire|
|EXP:SC-1||Geologist||B.Sc or B.ENG or HND Geology, PGD or M.Sc Geology||Experience Hire|
|EXP:SC-5||Systems Analyst||B.Sc or B.ENG or HND Computer or Mathematics Engineering, PGD or M.Sc Computer or Mathematics or Software Engine||Experience Hire|
|EXP:SC-7||Geophysicist or Physicist||B.Sc or B.ENG or HND Geology or Physics, PGD or M.Sc Geology or Physics||Experience Hire|
|EXP:ECO-1||Economist||B.Sc or HND Economics , PGD or M.Sc Economics||Experience Hire|
|EXP:HR-1||Human Resources Officer 1||BA or B.Sc or HND Humanities, Social Sciences, etc. PGD or M.Sc or MBA||Experience Hire|
|EXP:ACCT||ACCOUNTANT I||B.Sc/M.Sc/HND ACCOUNTING||Experience Hire|
|EXP:PA||P/AFFAIRS OFFICER||B.Sc/M.Sc MASS COMM/PULIC ADMIN||Experience Hire|
|EXP:LEGAL||LEGAL OFFICER I||BL. LL.B, LL.M||Experience Hire|
Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016: Requirements
Candidates are required to have the following available for registration:
- Scanned copy of a passport photograph.
- Scanned copy of certificates (N.Y.S.C. Discharge/Exemption certificate, Higher Institution Certificate, S.S.C.E. Certificate).
- Scanned copy of any other necessary supporting documents.
Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016: Application Instructions
Please follow the instructions to fill in your application:
- Only applications in respect of the advertised positions would be considered. All applicants are expected to apply for ONLY ONE position.
- Multiple applications by any candidate for more than one job would be DISQUALIFIED.
- Upon submission, applicants would receive an acknowledgment containing a reference number which should be quoted in all future correspondences.
- Deadline for Submission of application is six weeks from the date of this publication (5th December, 2016). Only Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016: Application Procedure
The few steps below would guide you on how o apply for the Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016:
- First of all, make sure you read carefully the instructions and requirements as highlighted above and get the required documents for the category that best describes your interest.
- Go to the DPR Application Portal and click ‘Register’
- Enter your First Name and Surname
- Provide your valid email address and phone number
- Create a password and confirm the password
- The password format should contain one uppercase letter, one lower case letter and one number and must be at least six characters long. For example: Dpr12dwe, pR12dw32, User1234
- Tick the box to confirm that you are not a robot
- Click on Register
- An email would be sent to the email address you provided, click on the link in the email received to login and continue your application
- Login with your newly created select the appropriate job type that best describe your interest. Read the instructions beneath carefully and click on apply
- On the next page, select the job type that best describe your field of study and click on apply
- The next page requires your bio-data information and a passport photograph which must be in .jpg or .png format and not more than 62 Kilobyte (62Kb)
- Click on the box to upload your photo and click on save and continue to submit the form and picture
- NOTE: Make sure the form is submitted before proceeding
- On the next page fill in your contact details and proceed to the next stage
- The third stage requires you to fill in your education information. For graduate trainee position, you can only enter one higher institution and more than one for experienced hire
- All documents should be in PDF format
- On the next page, provide your referee information, professional qualification (if available) and select your preferred and alternate examination center. Click on save and continue and your profile will be created. Go through this page and edit any incorrect information
- Before clicking the ‘Submit and Print Button’, make sure you cross-check the information you provided. You will not be able to make further changes
- You should always check your e-mail and dashboard for any latest information
Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016: Disclaimer
Application for any job posting is free. Under no circumstance will you be required to pay any sum of money or disclose your account information to any personnel.
Are you having any difficulties with the 2016 DPR Recruitment application? Drop a comment in the box and we’ll assist you to the best of our ability.
Searches related to Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016
DPR recruitment website
DPR online registration
DPR recruitment nairaland
DPR recruitment 2016
DPR recruitment portal
DPR job vacancies
Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2016
DPR Recruitment 2016 nairaland